Opportunities to Partner
Gifts to Your Community Foundation
Gifts to Permian Basin Area Foundation are an investment in our West Texas communities. It is the Foundation’s intention to make charitable giving easy and enjoyable.
Because decisions about charitable giving are personal, and therefore unique to each donor, the Foundation staff is pleased to work with your professional advisor(s) in customizing a plan that reflects your interests and passions.
When to give
You can create your fund now, establish it in your will, or create it through a trust arrangement that benefits your family as well as charitable organizations. You may give in memory of an individual, to celebrate a special event or to support a cause. Tax deductions are earned at the time of your gift.
What to give
The most common types of gifts to Permian Basin Area Foundation are:
- securities, such as stocks and bonds,
- distributions from retirement accounts such as IRA charitable rollovers,
- oil and gas mineral interests,
- life insurance proceeds.
In 2010, Permian Basin Area Foundation formed West Texas Heritage Holdings, Inc. (WTHH) as a supporting organization to help advance the mission of the Foundation. WTHH enables the Foundation to receive a wider range of gifts that include non-cash and tangible, illiquid gifts including:
- ownership interests in non-marketable investments,
- real estate,
- interests in limited partnerships, limited liability companies, or closely-held corporations,
- remainder beneficiary interests in charitable remainder trusts, and other split-interest gifts,
- personal property, such as works of art, collectibles, or creative works.
A gift to the Foundation, which is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law, continues your legacy of charitable giving for years to come.
The best way to give
We offer an array of funds to meet a variety of different charitable purposes and interests. Most Foundation funds are named for the donor or the donor’s family or as a memorial to someone special. Every grant from the fund carries the fund’s name. If you prefer anonymity, you may choose a name that reflects your fund’s charitable purposes.